Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um, so I know babe has been ridin' low for some time and it's been causing much amounts of pain on my pubic bones, well last night laying in bed I started feeling around and baby's head was about 1/2" from being on my pubic bone. I got on all fours for a while, did some tail wag movement things to try and get her off, then went to sleep, by morning she was maybe 2" off my pubic bone.
Just now I was outside walking around for almost an hour (with my maya wrap tightly tied around my belly like a maternity belt) and I get home and lay down to rest and her head is actually touching my pubic bone, last night I could get the side of my head inbetween the two and cradle her head (which by the way is HUGE! I'm not a little person with little hands and her whole head fit into my hand while I cradled it! LARGE!), today I can't even fit my hand between her head and the bone. Is this bad? Does it mean she's going to come sooner than later? I can't imagine she's not putting pressure on my cervix being that far down, it's gotta have started thinning. I'm not 37 weeks until the day after Christmas - though dh and I are so anxious to see her that we wouldn't mind if she came after next Friday (35 weeks is the limit for when we can have her at our chosen hospital and not have to go to the big hospital that has a preemie center).
What'dya think?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Its probably just the normal thing for your baby. They still move around , the tail wag position you mentioned is good for moving babies up out of the pelvis a bit, especially for posterior babies and such. Having her head low could be helping you efface and such, but it also could be doing nothing. Its really a combination of physical (contractions, pressure from babies head and the baby's own movement) as well chemical, the right hormones released, oxytocin, prosteglandins etc that will cause labor to come. So I would just relax and enjoy the end of your pregnancy, unless you start having preterm labor symptoms. Then call your Dr. Otherwise, its kinda par for the course I think

·
Registered
557 Posts
I was having the same problem with my baby. Instead of being just on hands and knees, lower your head onto a pillow. This brings the baby up off the pubic bone. Also because the pressure is all on the pubic bone, it is not on the cervix. KWIM If that doesn't work for you, maybe getting adjusted would help by a chiropractor would help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.