Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a check-up with my MW two weeks ago and she said the baby seemed to be securely in the head down position. After, I felt the baby try out a few more positions. But she seems to favor her back against the left side of my stomach with her feet up near my right ribs. With her fists and elbows, she seems to knock into me all around the bottom of the uterus and lower stomach. Sometimes she turns around and her head and body seem to face front. But mostly her back is to the world, especially during the day when she is snoozing. Often I can stroke her back because she pushes so hard against the outside.

Have any moms had their baby flip into the upright position after staying head down? Where are your babes positioned at present?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Well, Mr. #2 is breech right now. Sometimes he is transverse, but has never been heads down. Yesterday he was stomping on my bladder. Owie. DS #1 was also breech and I had an external version after trying all the noninvasive stuff to get him to flip. I ened up with a c/s last time (not related to the version) and hope this baby flips because due to past c/s I can't have another version. I'm starting some of the flipping exercises this week....Its been hard enough to find a vbac friendly provider - so a vbac-breech-friendly provider will be pretty much impossible to find.

Supposedly breach presentation is a nonreoccuring presenation. That is, having it happen once has no impact on later babies. Ha! Well, we'll see.

Anyhow, once DS #1 was turned over he stayed heads down.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Drat! At my ultrasound yesterday, both of the babies had flipped from vertex to breech. I'm 30 weeks, 5 days, so hopefully there is still time for them to flip back. They are sitting facing each other, and I could see their foreheads actually touching - it was so cute.
:

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
The MW checked two weeks ago and said she was head down and most likely would stay that way for the duration of the pregnancy. She told me that once they get settled in down there, they like it and tend not to flip around anymore. And besides, they're getting a bit too big to be doing flips and somersaults (at least my girl is).

I hope that all those breech babies turn head down for you mamas soon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine's still breech and sometimes transverse. He seems to be able to move around pretty well though so I guess he'll turn when he's ready. I have high hopes for that to happen soon. I've been seeing a chiro and after those appointments he is extremely active.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
My baby was head down at my last appt. 2 weeks ago. I think it's staying head down, because I feel smaller thumps and knocks in my lower tummy and big kicks up near my ribs. I have another appt. tomorrow morning, so we'll see if I'm right.

Updated: My mw is pretty sure baby is still head down!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Head down here! I scrubbed my entire house clean and that's when the baby finally flipped. Figures!

We were talking in my birth class about "optimal fetal positioning" and I guess there is a theory out there that since in current time women tend to recline, rather then bend forward (to cook over a fire, scrub floors, etc) that babies tend not to get into delivery positions as early as they used to. Don't know if they'll ever figure out if its true or not, but interesting to me nonetheless!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Head down here too!!
MW confirmed it at my appointment yesterday. Her back is also on my left side so it seems that all my attention to position and lying on my left side is paying off. Woo hoo!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
My little girl is transverse- but so was dd #1 until the week of her birth, when she suddenly flipped all by herself, so I'm counting on this one flipping when she's ready.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.