Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd who is 9 gets headaches in her forehead. She has gotten them for yrs not daily. She may have weeks go by and NOT get one and then get a couple a week. She is stuff with sinus issues right now that i guess could be causeing it but I know she will get a headache in the car sometimes if she stares out the window and I have been trying to pin point a cause for them. She doesnt get sick or dizzy she just says its in her forehead and I can see it in her eyes when she has it. She does where glasses for reading etc.<br>
I am just wondering when you start to worry about this sort of thing she has had 2 this week. If i give tylenol it does help get rid of it but she doesnt like to take the meds. any ides or advice to help calm my nerves. thanks<br><br>
amy

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
Well, coming from a woman who had headaches her entire childhood, I understand your concern. I would start with tracking what she is eating before she gets these headaches. Keep a daily journal and see if you find any connections. I would also do an elimination diet and see how she does. Take her to an allergist. Make sure she is getting enough sleep (this was a huge part of my headaches). I would suspect a combination of food and environmental allergies. Once you find out if and what she is allergic to, youcould see a homeopathic or naturopathic doctor to start working with her immune system naturally. Good luck, I wish my mom had taken my headaches seriously when I was younger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts