Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm not pregnant, but my other thread isn't getting any replies so I figured I'd ask you all a slightly different question.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has anyone out there suffered from headaches (migraines to be precise) that disappeared during pregnancy?  Do you know the cause for your headaches?  Did they come back after giving birth?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For me, I get headaches whenever my progesterone is low, I've found.  When I'm pregnant, everything is fine, and during my luteal phase, everything is fine also.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> I'm looking for a fix to it as I'm still breastfeeding, haven't had my first postpartum period, etc. and I'm getting daily headaches.  My doctor is extremely unhelpful.  She gave me a rx for naproxen and told me that we could explore more when I stop nursing (which won't be for quite awhile).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also don't see myself becoming pregnant in the near future, so I really do need a solution for this.</p>

·
Registered
479 Posts
<p>I had headaches all the time before getting pregnant and then only had one or two during pregnancy. I have only had a few since either. I don't know what caused them so this probably won't help you. I hope you can figure it out though. Headaches are horrible.</p>

Reactions: WindyCityMom

·
Registered
267 Posts
<p>I have migraines when not pregnant -- badly enough that I take two medications daily to control them, and still have them fairly frequently.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, I never had a single migraine when pregnant OR nursing with my son -- so I went over three years without a migraine (and off the meds).  It was lovely.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This pregnancy, I've had 3 migraines already -- at 21 weeks.  I am terribly disappointed not to have the same relief that I did before, but still, this is much better than what I would have without meds if I weren't pregnant.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know that the hormones are what makes the difference (my migraines are worse around my period), but I am lucky enough that the hormones involved in bfing have a protective effect for me as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But, to answer one of your questions, yes - they did come back after I quit breastfeeding, unfortunately, and I have never found non-medical relief for them that would help while you're nursing.  You have my sympathies!</p>

Reactions: WindyCityMom
1 - 3 of 3 Posts