Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I've searched for threads related to this, and didn't find any that quite fit. If you know of some, do please direct me to them!)<br><br>
So I am about 20wks pregnant, and seem to have a molar cavity. Grreeaat. To be clear, I have not been to the dentist for a diagnosis yet and I cannot actually see the cavity (I think it is between molars), but it <i>feels</i> like one. You might know what I mean... not painful, exactly, but a feeling almost like a bruise inside. That has always turned out to mean "cavity" in my experience. Wonderful.<br><br>
I have been learning so much here about healing/preventing cavities with nutrition, and finally got FCLO and BO and started brushing with soap, etc. Unfortunately I haven't been at it very long at all (a couple of weeks? With some interruptions because I was quite literally living in an ICU waiting room last week). I first felt a twinge that made me suspicious of a cavity about a month ago... it is not always present and sometimes I've gone days without feeling it.<br><br>
SO my questions are: is it possible to heal a cavity, if it's to the point that it's causing "pain" and not just a dent in enamel? Is it too risky to try, and should I just go ahead and fill it (composite, of course) now to prevent an abscess/infection/root canal? If I get back in full swing with optimal nutrition and supplementation, would I know if it was working in a reasonable amount of time (for example, disappearance/lessening of the "pain" sensation within a couple of weeks)? I considered getting an xray to see just how serious it is, but am of course beyond hesitant to get one while pregnant... I am not even getting ultrasounds, lol.<br><br>
Thoughts? Thank you!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Because you are pregnant, you will need to make sure you don't skimp on the nutrients.<br><br>
Have you looked into cell salts? Amazing stuff for teeth healing (and overall health too!)

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
It still could be just a sensitive area. Which doesn't mean there isn't a problem but that it could respond to nutritional intervention. Cut out the sugar, up the bone broths and/or raw milk 3x/day. I had several sensitive areas which responded to this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts