Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone has any suggestions to support the skin after the pox are over?

ds had a major case of pox on his back and chest--soo many, they've crusted over and are drying up but then ones that've gone have left a mark. my dd had them 2 weeks before and her marks are fading slowly but I'm wondering if there is more that I can do now.

I'm putting a whole aloe mixture on them with a-c-e and some herbs made by Aloelife, but it's pretty gel like and I'm wondering if something creamy might be better.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
How are they doing now?

Sadly, I haven't seen chicken pox personally since I was a little kid, but I would think that the comfrey salve we use would be good for crusty sores.

I hate to sound like an opportunist, but do you know anyone who has them now?

If you know anyone in NH/VT/ME, could you post here?
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=330488
Thanks.
:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for asking

they're both well past the crusty stage, dd's are nearly all gone, but ds who is naturally more of an olive skin tone has white dots where the pox were. I know that this is just the new skin so I'm keeping sunblock on him for the summer.

I only know of one other child who actually got the pox from us (a bunch more were exposed but didn't get them) and she had a really mild case and is completely over it.
I don't know of any pox going around now, but I'll post if I hear of any.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Thanks!

Glad to hear they're doing well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts