Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd got an easy bake oven for Christmas (NOT from me!) and is quite excited about it. I am not excited about the little chemical filled packets that came with it! Anybody adapted recipes to those teensy amounts? I would really appreciate any help!

· Registered
2,811 Posts
My daughter got one too for xmas and is quickly working her way through the chemo-cakes that came with it. I had one (well it was a Holly Hobby oven but same thing) when I was little and my mom would just put tiny amounts of whatever she was baking in my little pans for me. So I guess you can just use regular stuff.

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! That is exactly what I was looking for! I'll write the recipes out so I can make appropriate substitutions! You know, I always wanted one as a kid, too, even though I had open access to the regular oven.

· Registered
1,562 Posts
Hi Terra,

DD (8) got one last year for Christmas and we do adapt for it. The one thing I will tell you is--DON'T OVERFILL! Can't stress this enough b/c if you do, it's a real pain to clean. Take a look at the amount of chemical batter that you end up with and guage it to that.

We make friendship bread a lot around here, but you can do brownies and such in the EBO.

Cristi

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everbody! Dd is really loving it. Now if I could just spray paint it any colour but that pink...

BTW, lckrause, I like the term "chemo-cakes", too! Also, in sig line- servant to Fluffy- too true! We have one of those here, too!

stayathomecristi-I'm wondering about your friendship bread recipe. I love the idea but the only recipe I've seen has boughten instant pudding mix in it. Is yours different? Would you mind sharing it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.