Mothering Forum banner

Health problem in baby, would this risk us out of HB?

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Otterella 
FWIW, my nephew had enlarged kidneys due to blocked uriters and SIL was induced early for risk of them exploding. She had him but they didn't do anything to the baby and I know she was upset because she wanted to go into labor naturally like she did with her oldest and still says how he wasn't "ready." Her son had to go in every so often for checkups and then around 6 months for a surgery, but there was nothing the hospital did right after his birth that made it different then if it was at home.
I'd check to see what risks are involved and what precautions a hospital would take.. take into mind if the hospital didn't do anything extra for your son would you feel like you got jipped? or would you feel better knowing that if there was an emergency you had the backup on hand? Ultimately YOU and your husband need to be comfortable with wherever you choose to birth.
HTH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.