Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH will not give up chips with his lunches, so I'd like to find the healthiest ones to send with him. I am not going to make my own so I need brand recommendations please.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You can get sweet potato chips that are pretty good. Sweet potatoes, as you may know, are quite a bit healthier than white. A brand we've recently enjoyed is called "Food Should Taste Good." They carry them at our local natural food store, but also at Kroger. We also eat tortilla chips a lot instead of potato chips. We also eat potato chips with certain things (for me, nothing other than Utz goes with a pb & j).

·
Registered
527 Posts
For white potato chips I love Cape Cod! They are so crispy and yummy :) They are an occasional trip, however, because they are fried in refined vegetable oils. I second the sweet potato chip idea, that's smart. I bet a baked potato chip would be a good choice also.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

Grandma Utz potato chips are kettle cooked in lard. I *love* them!
Oh, those chips are dangerous.... because I can eat the whole bag at one sitting! Now, as a 33 week pregnant woman, I must go get myself a bag.
orngbiggrin.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.