Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my toddler won't eat anything but PBJ and yogurt. i can't get him to eat anything else except for cake and cookies (which i seriously limit). he won't even pick up food to try it. i've tried all the tricks...... since he loves cake, i was wondering if there was sucha thing as broccoli cake or spinach cookies
, but without a bunch of refined flour and sugar? can anyone point me in the right direction?

· Registered
8,827 Posts
Well, I make oatmeal cookies (tha Quaker Oat recipe with 3 cups oats and 1 cup flour). I use half the sugar, olive oil instead of butter (I think I use 3/4 cup instead of 1), and whole grain flour of choice.

I do carrot cake with whole grain flour. I run walnuts thru the food processor because ds doesn't like chunks. I cut back the sugar and bake it in muffin tins. I've put spinach in, too.

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Modify as needed. Add steamed/pureed spinach, cut the sugar...let me know how it turns out! But this is a good base recipe for cookies we make all the time.

Everything Cookie Recipe

2 sticks butter, cream together with
1 c brown sugar & 1 c sucanat
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Add:
1 c AP flour
1 c whole wheat flour
3 cups oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Then, I add about:
1 c carob chips
3/4 c pumpkin seeds
1/2 c sunflower seeds
1/2 c coconut

but, you can add whatever...peanut butter, walnuts, go crazy!

Bake at 325 degrees for 20 min.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.