Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH lost his wallet this morning(or sometime yesterday). Nothing new, but we think it may be for good this time. No big deal. He has no credit cards, called in his bank card to have it reported, and other than that, no worries...*except* that for whatever reason, he keeps his ss card in there, too. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, thinking that he had it in there back when he got his job (over a year ago), and just never took it out. He knows his number by heart--so no need to really have it in there.<br>
Anyhow, it's gone, and is floating out there with his driver's license...YIKES!!! Pretty much everything but his mom's maiden name (which could probably be found out pretty easily) is just out there in the Universe for some one to do with what they will...<br><br>
Okay, so he comes home to tell me about Life Lock. I looked them up, and for $10 per month, they protect you up to $1,000,000 against identity theft, monitor your credit report, and block you from junk offers and the like. So, we immediately signed up...I am wondering if it was a good idea. Didn't find too much online, so I am asking you all if you've had any experience with this...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I have only heard the radio commercials for it, where the guy says "My name is ___ and my SS# is _______ and I am so confident in my identity protection that I am not afraid to say that!"<br><br>
It sounded pretty cool to me. Identity Theft is a nightmare

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, his ss is on his website, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts