Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share in case you wanted to try it out. I heard the heart beat at 11 wks with the Doppler, but then later decided we would skip the dopplers to avoid exposure to the baby. Anyway, midwife has used the fetoscope from 20 wks on. All, but once she heard it, but the cord was so short that whenever I would bend to hear it, it was gone.

We have a plain old cheapie stethoscope we got at Walmart for like $15. We've tried it every so often with no luck...well DH heard it once, but I didn't.

This morning, I was poking around and head it as clear as day! No doubt about it!!! Very cool and a very different sound than the Doppler. This was just like my own heart beat, but of course much, much faster.

Very cool! Try it!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just did it again and heard it yet again. I can hear it faintly sometimes and then if I move it around just a bit, I can hear it much more loudly and clearly to where I can actually hear the lub-dub, lub-dub. My baby's little heart!!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
That's awesome. I've been doing this quite a bit early on. Studies show you can hear the heartbeat at 19 weeks with a stethoscope. I've been trying and trying then gave up. Well today I picked up mine and low and behold there it was. Definitely much quieter but it was awesome!

So cool!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.