Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 yo son came home from school last week after being examined by the nurse practitioner and I found out they discovered a heart arrthymia. So I listened myself and sure enough he has one. It's a very weird sounding arrthymia, not tachycardia or even extra beats, just very irregular. when he holds his breath, it almost stops. I listened last night when he was sleeping and it was jumping all over the place, his rate would go down to about 50, then back up to about 100. I listened with my doppler to hear the sounds and it just sounds like the heart isn't regulating itself, kwim?<br><br>
anyone else with this kind of arrthymia? How concerned should I be? We will see the ped today, but I don't expect much, I really need a referral to a ped cardiologist.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so we did the EKG even though his heart sounded normal when we listened at docs office (isn't that how it always happens?) but she believed what I told her and did it, it came back with all kinds of things, which surprised both of us, here's what it reads:<br><br>
-sinus rhythm<br>
-Marked right axis deviation<br>
R1>R in V1/V2<br>
Incomplete right bundle branch block<br>
deep S wave in lateral leads<br>
S I, II, III syndrome<br>
right ventricular Hypertrophy<br>
Anteroseptal T wave Changes<br><br>
My ped called the ped cardiologist, who called me back and told me that they weren't too concerned because it could be the EKG wasn't done correctly. On the other hand, it could be a congenital defect that could need open heart surgery!!!<br><br>
But they are going to see us on Monday,<br><br><br>
anyone else have these kinds of things on an EKG for a kid? this is pretty new to me,not my specialty at all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts