Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a follow up call from my Dr today. I get my official first prenatal appointment next week after my follow up ultrasound She said my ultrasound on the 11th looked good and confirmed the heartbeat was 110 bpm like my sonographer told me. My gestation was 5 weeks 6 days on that day. So I get online that evening after the ultrasound and according to American Pregnancy . org, that's right on the average. Here's a screen shot what I read below.

She said this evening that 110 is on the lower end of average? What are your opinions and what has your midwife or OB's said about that?

This is the first time I have been monitored so close, due to my history in the last few years. One day I wake up with hope and the next I am really nervous. The heart beat was something that made me hopeful and I still want to be. I am nervous about my progesterone and if I can just hang in there till the placenta is formed I will be able to take a little more of a deep breath of relief.

Praying I see a nice healthy heart beat again next week.

Thankfully she told me to take my progesterone on an empty stomach, the fill in OB never told me that so I am glad she did. Wish I would have known. So will start that this evening...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I wouldn't worry. SO many factors. OBs are trained to look for problems... Often to a detriment. Just keep nurturing your baby and taking care of yourself! Hugs.

Reactions: lismcc

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I think you are right. Just going to concentrate on the positive for now.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sounds like an unnecessary comment from the OB. I would trust what you read and feel a little more confident. :Hug

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ladies. I was so happy to see a flutter on the screen and when I researched online that's good for a heartbeat at that gestation. It was probably the first time I was able to have some hope that things will be ok.
I have another scan on Thursday and will just have turned 8 weeks. I am hoping for another nice healthy heartbeat. In the meantime going to hang on to the fact it was positive and hopeful until then :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope the next scan goes well! 9 days until my first scan at 7 weeks. Can't wait!
Thank you :) I hope yours goes well too!
Just a few days away now. Hopeful as I feel a little more symptoms and like I am starting to show.

Reactions: slammerkin

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks ladies. I was so happy to see a flutter on the screen and when I researched online that's good for a heartbeat at that gestation. It was probably the first time I was able to have some hope that things will be ok.
I have another scan on Thursday and will just have turned 8 weeks. I am hoping for another nice healthy heartbeat. In the meantime going to hang on to the fact it was positive and hopeful until then
Sounds like everything is just fine. Think positive, try to relax, and good luck at the next scan!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts