Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in my 11th week and look, a new yucky, heart burn keeping me up at night. I do not like TUMS! Anyone have any advice?<br><br>
LOL After a scare this baby might not stick, another reminder of baby is a good thing, but dang! I need sleep!<br><br>
Blessings,<br>
Kimmy

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I haven't tried this, but I have read that taking papaya enzymes helps. If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, they sell papaya capsules for a good price. Good luck, mama. I hate tums too but am quickly getting used to them.<br><br>
Oh also, try not to eat high-fat foods. They're harder to digest and you get heartburn more easily. Peanut butter was a bad one for me. And chocolate--forget about it. I never had heartburn until the third tri, but I already have it now. Heartburn is the worst, believe me, I sympathize.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I don't know. I've been struggling with this issue for at least a month now. I take 4 smooth dissolve tums any time I feel it coming on. That seems to help some. I've also started taking probiotics on a regular basis (4-6 per day) and I really think that has helped as well. Also, I'm taking the Rainbow Light complete prenatals and they have digestive enzymes. I just started taking them and my acid reflux is a far cry better. You could just buy some digestive enzymes if you are on another prenatal pill. I read that apple cider vinegar and water helps immensely, though I'm not brave enough to try it. I hate vinegar! You'll have to google it for the recipe, I have no idea where I read that. I've also found that I can't eat acidic fruit too late at night. But for me, I can eat a handful of crackers and still get acid reflux. It's been pretty awful. I'm down from having a dozen tums a day, to only taking 4 tums every other day now, with the probiotics and change in prenatals, though.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Not eating for at least two hours before bed helped me immensly. It was even to the point that I'd stay up just so i wouldn't go to bed with fresh potential for reflux. Also, Elevating your head/torso can help. Either get a goood pillow set up or sleep with bricks under the head of your bed.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I take Nux Vomica to help relieve indigestion. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Milk was always iffy for me. If I had it after the heartburn set in, it helped, but if I was ok, sometimes it was a trigger.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Not in your ddc, saw the heading though and wanted to chime in, chewable papaya enzymes worked best for me!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
dilute fresh lemon juice can work as well as vinegar and is more user friendly, also these foods tend to relax the muscle that holds the top of your stomach closed ( cardiac sphincter) which causes reflux, peppermint, any mint, chocolate, coffee (even decaf), tomatoes, orange , tobacco and paprika and other "hot peppers like cayenne), alos anything you are allergic/ or sensitive to can do it, most likely wheat or gluten containing grains or dairy but alos commonly eggs, soy, pork, corn and strawberries and shellfish..<br><br>
chiropractic and accupuncture can help too, hope you feel better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts