Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congratulations! It does make it so much more real, doesn't it? Was this an ultrasound or doppler? I had a quick, non-diagnostic ultrasound just to narrow down dates and saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks. It was very reassuring.
Hooray!
Heather

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
How exciting! I am thinking of trying to get in to see my midwife next week to see if I can hear the heartbeat too... It does make everything so much more "real" and will help to ease my fears....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I just had a wonderful conversation today with my midwife. I told her about the pregnancy and made an appointment to hear the HB at 10 weeks.....just 4 more to go.

Congrats to you!! I'm excited for you. I know I'm holding my breath until I hear it. I have had 2 early mc, so I can hardly believe this is real.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Oh how exciting! I go in the 4th of December for an ultrasound and my first appointment. I think it might be a bit too early to hear the heartbeat at that point but we'll be able to see it on the u/s. I've been counting down the days until then.. hopefully they will be able to determine how far along I am.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts