Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick background: DS slept in our bed until he was about 3.5 months old, when he got too squirmy for anyone to get sleep, then moved to a sidecar. He recently started to sleep in the Pack and Play (still our room) because he can climb out of the sidecar. So now he's a great little sleeper in the PnP and still right there with us.

The other night DH wasn't feeling well and had already gone to bed. I was about to go to bed but DS was, well I think having nightmares. It looked to me like he was seeing spirits behind me - he was definitely tracking invisible shapes behind me, but I'll attribute that to some kind of a night terror.
Anyway so he calmed down when I picked him up but he'd get upset when I tried to put him down. Well, no reason to fuss about it, I thought. If he's having a rough time he can just sleep with us.

I brought him into bed, and we got comfy. Then a moment or two later I realized I wanted some of the blanket too that DH was hogging. I shifted around a little, and DS opened his eyes and looked worried for a second, I assume thinking cuddle time was over, but when I tucked us both in and kissed his forehead goodnight, he actually sighed in relief and smiled as he closed his eyes again. I've never seen such relief in a baby before! You could just TELL he felt so happy and safe cuddling there with mommy. He slept with us the first part of the night, then after his midnight feeding he happily went back into the Pack and Play and slept through the night.

If I wasn't pregnant and DH wasn't such a messy sleeper, I wish I could have DS back in bed with us again. Sigh. I took a long nap with him this morning and aww, it's so great to cuddle with a snuggly little baby.

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
So sweet. My little one is only 10 days younger than your little Bunny, and I too took a very long nap with him today. It is such an amazing thing to snuggle in when they are feeling cuddly.
:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.