Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD has a heat rash on her shoulders, chest, tummy and back. We have just had a sudden onset of heat. The problem is, she has this rash not from wearing hot clothing, she was just in a CD!! What is going on here? How can I prevent this in the future and cure it now? She has sensitive skin. TIA!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Faithsmom</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">My DD has a heat rash on her shoulders, chest, tummy and back. We have just had a sudden onset of heat. The problem is, she has this rash not from wearing hot clothing, she was just in a CD!! What is going on here? How can I prevent this in the future and cure it now? She has sensitive skin. TIA!</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
BUMP!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Witch Hazel (alcohol-free if you can find it) feels really good when DH gets heat rash in a very sensitive part of his body...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
How about a cool bath w/a little baking soda to ease the rash? Is it itchy? Does it go away quickly? I am wondering if it could be caused by allergies.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rash is only on her upper body. It seems like it might be a bit itch, but only on her neck. There has been no new detergents or lotions. she has been only in a CD for the past few days because it is so hot.<br><br>
Do you think it might have something to do w/ the change in cold/ heat from playing in her baby pool? There is just water in there, no chemicals. or maybe going in and out of the A/C in the bedroom?

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
I was just coming here to post a thread on this subject! We're having a heat wave here in upstate New York. It's so humid, the perspiration isn't evaporating from our skin. Both my kids have heat rash. My daughter has it all over her back. All day today she was complaining that her whole back itched really bad. I know the rash will go away on its own, but in the mean time, I want to do something to relieve the itching.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have had some brutal heat rash. Heat rash is your skin not being able to perspire properly and the sweat getting trapped. Something I have felt really helpful is cornstarch. I put some in a jar and add several drops each of lavender and chamomile essential oils and shake it really well. When it is not super inflamed or before I think it might come on I exfoliate to help the skin to more easily sweat. Hope this helps

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Both my kids have prickly heat rashes pretty bad on thier upper bodies right now too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts