Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, mamas. I have an annual exam (first in 4 1/2 years
shame on me) next week. I have very irregular periods due to PCOD and went months w/o one, then just started my THIRD since May two days ago.

My question is, I am bleeding much more heavily than I ever have before. I'm 38 and from what I know this is "normal" for women in my family. I'm now using a Diva cup, and this morning I've been having to empty the darn thing every HOUR!
This is for a person who normally goes 6-8 hours and sometimes 12 without having to empty it! Is this normal? Should I be panicked? Or should I just relax and lay in the red tent today and call it my age?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
757 Posts
I don't have any advice, other than to check in with your MD.
Hang in there. Try not to worry too much til you get more information.
And take good care of yourself!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I would check in with the doc just incase! Even on my heaviest day I can go at least 4 hours before emptying my diva cup and after the first day or so I can go about 5-6 hours. It does sound a bit much
s I hope all is ok.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mamas!
Update: I've got a call in to the doc. I called my own mama and checked it out with her experiences. (she had a hysterectomy at 42 due to heavy bleeding and fibroids).

Strange thing is, I really feel fine. A little bit tired, but not like I was when I was even a little bit anemic. I'm always a little "off" during my periods, and this isn't that different.

I'll let you know. Thanks for the help and advice!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again mamas. Doc called me in some naproxen which he said will not only help cramps (which I don't have a lot of) but help decrease the flow. I guess we'll find out more next week at the exam.

Things were a lot better today, slowed down a whole lot.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts