Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, mamas. I have an annual exam (first in 4 1/2 years
shame on me) next week. I have very irregular periods due to PCOD and went months w/o one, then just started my THIRD since May two days ago.

My question is, I am bleeding much more heavily than I ever have before. I'm 38 and from what I know this is "normal" for women in my family. I'm now using a Diva cup, and this morning I've been having to empty the darn thing every HOUR!
This is for a person who normally goes 6-8 hours and sometimes 12 without having to empty it! Is this normal? Should I be panicked? Or should I just relax and lay in the red tent today and call it my age?

Thanks for any advice!

· Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mamas!
Update: I've got a call in to the doc. I called my own mama and checked it out with her experiences. (she had a hysterectomy at 42 due to heavy bleeding and fibroids).

Strange thing is, I really feel fine. A little bit tired, but not like I was when I was even a little bit anemic. I'm always a little "off" during my periods, and this isn't that different.

I'll let you know. Thanks for the help and advice!

· Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again mamas. Doc called me in some naproxen which he said will not only help cramps (which I don't have a lot of) but help decrease the flow. I guess we'll find out more next week at the exam.

Things were a lot better today, slowed down a whole lot.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.