Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...

I am a first time mom of a wonderful 9 month old baby. When I was pregnant, I had no idea what kind of mom I would be. I knew I wanted to "try" breastfeeding. But I wasn't very educated on the matter... I even bought a can of formula at one point thinking that all babies have formula at some point or another. (wow, how silly this seems to me now!)

But that was the world I was used to. Thank goodness I found some helpful resources on the internet and had some supportive friends and family.

Anyway, since adopting a more "natural parenting/AP" lifestyle I suddenly feel somewhat isolated from time to time. On a trip out of town I stopped in at a Whole Foods where I found a copy of Mothering Magazine and it was like I had finally found something I could read and not be annoyed with.

I feel very strongly now about nursing and our decision to co sleep. I'm excited to spend some time on this board learning new things and how to be more of an advocate in helping others learn about breastfeeding and the risks with formula...

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Hi - welcome to Mothering! I wish I'd found it when my youngest was a baby (she was a toddler and I was tandem nursing her with her little sister when I finally found the boards) - it's a great place for support for doing what is best for our kiddos, even when that is different from those around us!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.