Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Sarah, I'm 23 and I live in Vermont with my husband Blair (29) and my son Devon (just turned 3). I was a SAHM for 11 months, but my husband lost his job and now I'm doing what I have to do to make ends meet. I do my fair share of grumbling about it, though.
I've lurked here on and off for years, started just after Devon was born when I was searching for circ info to reassure myself that we did the "right" thing by leaving Devon intact. Here we are three years later, still intact, still nursing, still co-sleeping, all that jazz that's wholly unremarkable here.
Well, not babywearing anymore, he's gotten a bit large for that.

Oh yes, and I'm a doula.
I've only attended one birth because I unfortunately can't be on-call all the time and do my day job, which makes me very sad. But that one birth went extremely well and I look forward to a time in the future when I can pick up attending births once more.

Anyway, the reason I've finally registered (besides just wanting to actually say something every now and then) is because I am pregnant again (Yay!). My first birth was an unecessary c-section (long story) and now that I'm older and wiser and a doula, I'm hoping to have an HBAC sometime in May. Trouble is, I'm having no luck searching online for a midwife - none are closer than 1.25 hours away. But just because they're not online doesn't mean the don't exist. So I'm going to ask around in the "finding your tribe: VT/NH" section to see if I can get some recommendations there, and I'll also make my anti-social self go and ask people I know IRL that have had home births (most of them are friends-of-friends).

So that's me in a nutshell - rambly and incoherent at nearly 2am.

·
Registered
57 Posts
welcome!
i'm also a doula from vt! well, i live in northampton, ma now, but my heart will always be in vt...

my little peanut is almost 11 mos and i've only attended one birth since hers, it's just too much for us right now, but i'm looking forward to going back as well. i may get certified in postp doula care so i can work more flexible hours. good luck on your midwife search!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the pregnancy, and good luck on your HBAC journey!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.