Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man what a bout of indigestion! The first of the pregnancy so far, thank goodness, but ick.

Thankfully a co-worker of mine is awesome and had ginger chews and some ginger tea for me or lunch would have been out completely.

I have gotten bad heartburn with both other pregnancies, don't know why I wasn't expecing it this time around
. What can I say, I love spicy things!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Oooh, fun...not! I had TERRIBLE heartburn with DS. I'm hoping it won't be so bad this time around. I've only had it once or twice so far, and it wasn't unbearable. I took some gripe water, and that seemed to help.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
BTW, in case anyone doesn't know this, papaya, pineapple, and yogurt are all good for heartburn. I think I hear a smoothie calling my name...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Jean View Post
BTW, in case anyone doesn't know this, papaya, pineapple, and yogurt are all good for heartburn. I think I hear a smoothie calling my name...

Yes to the papaya!! I can't stand ginger...I ate far too much of it while pregnant with dd1.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Gosh, w my first I had heartburn so bad I downed almost a gallon of milk every day. Poor thing came out and had all kinds of allergies, foremost a dairy allergie and baaad eczema. I blame it on my milk intake

W the second I didn't have a lot of heartburn, some here and there twds the end when I had spicy food. Lets keep our fingers crossed it won't hit me this time around, I don't deal well w it, get very grumpy.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Not homeopathic at all, but I take Zantac. It helps with my allergies too (goodbye itching!) and is apparently a level 2 antihistamine. WOO!

My dr recommended 150mg twice daily, in case anyone is interested. I can't eat sometimes my hb is so bad, so this is really a lifesaver.

Manda

·
Registered
424 Posts
I get the worst heartburn when I am pregnant. With DD I was up sick every night. It has started a little already but I hope it doesn't get that bad. I love spicy food and when I am pregnant I crave it...I guess I should know better, but it is just so good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.