Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 circ'd boys and 2 uncirc'd and boy do I wish I had not have any of them done. I was 19 when my oldest was done, I was in the military and to be quite honest, no one asked me IF I wanted it done just told me when it would be. My next son I really struggled with and then I did it cause I was a single mom and I wanted him to look like his brother. Then the problems started. He was bleeding during the procedure so they used silver nitrate and burned him the length of his penis. He got infected literally within hours. The next day at his (Jewish) ped, he said I cannot believe they did this to your son. He needed an antibiotic shot, 3 weeks of oral ab's and cream applied every diaper change. The skin right behind the head healed OVER the head because of the burn, and now this poor kid will need reconstructive surgery. I am having a difficult time with guilt over this, and he is now 10 so its getting uncomfortable for him to talk to me when I say when you get an erection you come talk to me if it hurts. I explained what happened as best I could but it still doesnt make sense to him. Then my oldest (14) asks how I could have put him and Josh through that. He thinks I should have left him natural(I wish I had although I really didnt know better) My 2 youngest I think are MORE well adjusted than the circ'd which is funny because the reason so many people do it is so they wont get made fun of in the locker room. yet my 2 circed see their brothers and feel differnent. Go figure.
So long story but Im trying to figure out the best way to explain to my 10 y/o about erections and such and let him know what he needs to watch for. Yet this is really difficult for me! He looks at me like yeah right mom like thats gonna happen. Any ideas????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.