Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Chris, mom of 5 and if I had known the joys of nursing past a year I would have done it before now. Jakey is 14 mo old and nurses more now than actually at a year. The only problem we have, and I dont really consider is a "Problem" is that he wants to nurse nonstop at night, and if I try to give him a paci or just snuggle he gets so mad, head butts, pulls my shirt and whines. My nipples are so sore, his latch is great never had a problem there its just the sheer time with him attatched. I can set the clock on him waking up, nursing for 20 min, finally turning over(we co-sleep too) then in about 15 mins he is back for more. I even tried turning over he just pulls at my shirt until he gets to the boobs..lol
Any advice would be great as I havent slept more than 2 hours at a time in over 2 years

I may have to stop nursing soon for medical reasons for myself, but I hope to continue until he wants to stop. We will see!
I hope to be able to join ya'll!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Has he always nursed so much at night or is this a new thing?
If it's new, it could be teething or just a phase. When they start learning new things or get a little more independent (around 1) they can be more demanding with the nursing, especially at night.

Glad to hear you're enjoying nursing longer. There are so many wonderful things about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has always nursed more at night, but this is newer in the last month or so. He increased nursing in the day also. I have thought about night weaning but he is so young I dont really want to do that I just want to try to get him to sleep longer than 15 mins at a time

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Check his molars. My 14 m.o.'s molars have been comming in over the last 2 months. They can be easy to miss when they first break through because they are hard to see. It won't help your poor nipples, but if you can find a "reason" it might help you endure! Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.