Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking here long enough now that I figure I ought to introduce myself and join in the conversation.

I'm a SAHM to my two-month-old daughter, Rowan. She was conceived in love after my husband and I had lived happily together for 10 years with our four cats. I worked in construction (tile), partnered with my husband for the last several years, until I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and too unwieldy to continue. He has hired a helper now, and is plugging away without me.

Rowan was born under water at home with the help of her Daddy and our wonderful midwife. We are exclusively breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, and (mostly) cloth diapering. We're putting off vaccinations until we've had a chance to educate ourselves more about them. But for some reason, I'm resistant to calling our time with Rowan "attachment parenting." I guess I've just lived too long avoiding labels to start embracing them now. Our parenting choices have been made out of our own research and intuitions.

I am tickled pink to have found such a rich, lively community of like-minded mothers. I have really enjoyed and have learned a lot from what I've read here so far, and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
Welcome to MDC!

I am sure, no matter what you "call" yourself that you will fit right in. I don't really consider myself doing "attachment parenting" either, but most of the things I do fall into that catagory. But then, I am strange, I usually fit into several catagories!

Hope to see you around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts