Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My real name is Melissa.

I have 2 kids, Daughter, Josephine is 5, and my son, Oliver is 2.

I was with their father for 13 years, married to him for 6. It was an abusive relationship that got worse as the time went on. More psycological and mental than physical. The real kicker that made me leave was his child neglect when he was supposed to be taking care of the kids when i was working. Just the other day I was reading in a blog I used to write in when I was with him and WOW. I hope to never again be at a point in my life like that. Just not a good place.

I seperated from him March 21, 2010. Me and the kids lived in a women's shelter for 2 months while i totally re-did my life. I was middle class and with leaving him forced myself into poverty, with no hopes of getting out anytime soon. He doesn't pay child support so that he doesn't make me pay for 1/2 the mortgage in the house I don't live in. We are on medicaid, food stamps, child care support (when i have a job). I just recently moved closer to family and friends instead of being closer to him and away from resources. However, now I can't find a job. So struggling with that at the moment.

In a complicated relationship with a great guy. The summer months tend to be the busy one's so for now we don't get much time together and time alone is even more rare.

Well that's a bit about me. Feel free to ask questions or anything. Hope to get to know you ladies better in the future.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, you don't understand how happy I am to find this. LOL actually you guys are single mama's too, so you probably do understand!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Welcome... for a short time I considered moving 'home' to Ohio.But I would be trading the 'ex' for mother. My mental state would've been worse up there.

Still considering moving, just not sure when or where.

Welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.