Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa. My dh and I are expecting our third baby sometime in mid-December. We are in the process of switching from an OB to a MW and are planning a homebirth. I haven't posted here at MDC for a long time, but now I am wanting and needing to connect with other moms and moms-to-be who are more like I am in parenting style than most of the pregnancy boards out there...I want people who don't get shocked looks on their faces when I mention having a baby at home.
:

We have a 13 yo dd with autism and a 6 yo dd without.
This baby is a boy and we're so excited to get to do the "blue" thing this time, since he's the last one. It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Wow, our group is really growing! That's so cool!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I switched to a homebirth midwife (from a freestanding birthcenter) in the middle of my last pg...I'm so glad I did. It was an outstanding experience...I hope the same for you!

Welcome.

Christa

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Congratulations & welcome to the DDC!!
:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks so much for the welcome, everyone.
: We are planning on using the Birth Pool in a Box. We can rent it from our midwife, and that's easy, so we're doing it, lol.

Mama B, it's great to meet you. Do you post on the Columbus AP Village site? Which midwife practice are you going with? We're using Blessed By Birth (Kathy and Amy). It's so nice to "meet" so many local ladies making the decision to birth at home too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.