Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I am in lots of pain in my bellybutton area. I don't know if Sage is hanging out in that vicinity but OW! I can barely rub that part of my belly anymore because it is THAT tender. I also have been noticing these stretching, pulling sensations.. they don't quite hurt but they definitely grab my attention. Please tell me I'm not alone.. this really hurts!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Do you mean your belly button is starting to pop out?

I'm not sore at all, heh sorry. But then I understand you're a little itty bitty thing. I'm just average, but I've had twins and I'm all stretchy or something. I've never had my belly button pop out in any of my pregnancies (yet?). I carry quite high, maybe that's why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I carry usually pretty low.. it's starting to pop out for sure (my dh says it looks like a cat's butt.. isn't that amusing.
) but I have never felt this tenderness. It really hurts like if something brushes up against it I want to jump out of my skin. I stretched a lot with Kyle my oldest, he was the only one I got stretch marks with and they are EVERYWHERE. The funny thing is I have more padding this time around and it's much more difficult for me to find her in there than it was with my boys. I'm hoping the pain goes away soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,542 Posts
Hmm, we had our u/s on Wed and the baby's head was right near my bellybutton. When the tech pressed down on it or I did it was like a shooting pain. She said the navel area is real sensitive, so I'm going with that. Anytime he/she is up there now I avoid pressing that area if I can help it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,757 Posts
I'm not in pain there at least, but I hope the pain goes away soon for you! I'm mostly having sciatic nerve pain on my right side... which I didn't have at all with dd. I have to move around like an old lady sometimes
And yesterday my lower back decided to join in the "fun" too
:

love and peace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by trmpetplaya View Post
I'm not in pain there at least, but I hope the pain goes away soon for you! I'm mostly having sciatic nerve pain on my right side... which I didn't have at all with dd. I have to move around like an old lady sometimes
And yesterday my lower back decided to join in the "fun" too
:

love and peace.

That I have had with all of my pregnancies and it sucks. My leg actually goes numb sometimes and I have to be really careful getting up if I have been sitting or laying for an extended period of time because I have absolutely no feeling in my leg. I definitely sympathise with you because sciatic nerve pain is no fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
The pain & tenderness you're feeling is your muscles separating. I've had it with both previous pregnancies and it's awful -- feels like being stabbed! I had the tenderness, too.

Not looking forward to it this time around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beanbean View Post
The pain & tenderness you're feeling is your muscles separating. I've had it with both previous pregnancies and it's awful -- feels like being stabbed! I had the tenderness, too.

Not looking forward to it this time around.
Eep! I've never had that before.. yes it does feel like being stabbed. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the discomfort? Is there a reason why this happens or something I have done that helped it along?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Is what you are talking about almost like round ligament pain except by the belly button? Because I have that and it is very strange. Also, whenever the baby kicks me right in the belly button, it hurts. I've never had this before either. I supposed it was because I am so much older than before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tripmom+ View Post
Is what you are talking about almost like round ligament pain except by the belly button? Because I have that and it is very strange. Also, whenever the baby kicks me right in the belly button, it hurts. I've never had this before either. I supposed it was because I am so much older than before.

It's kinda like round ligament pain but it seems to last longer or is more tender than that. I think I feel it when the bulk of her body is in that position where it rests against my belly button. Hmm.. I can't say I've ever really felt her kick me in the bb yet.. it's usually lower than that.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top