Mothering Forum banner

Hello to my new allies, my birth story (very short version)

568 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  annakiss
I am officially posting for the first time in over a year. The first time was a question about cloth dipes. I should have a dozen times in the past in order to garner support for our parenting choices.

I am a wahm (Mei Tai style sling lovin' designer) of one 18 month old who was born at home December 11, 2003 with 42 1/2 hours of labor on a wildlife reserve. I walked the property that December day with my DH and was surprised how relaxed I really was while being at home. All the deer had birthed their fawns earlier that summer and so I too felt I would just do the same and join the motherhood a plenty. It was wonderful, as many of you know by experience. The donkey brayed as I moaned and nearly lost the power of one contraction due to laughing at her. I also 'lost' a contraction when my water bag bulged out...I thought it was a head! I had never birthed before and thought that it was way too easy to push a head out...low and behold..it was not a head! With meconium in the fluid sack, circulating in the spa tub and my midwife unworried, I moved on and birthed supine on the sofa as it was best to get his head out finally. Now I KNOW not to worry that my baby will be born in the toilet...they just do not FALL out ya know? I am thankful that I was not in a hospital because I feel certain I would have been sectioned and would find it very difficult to dilute that in my memory.

I look forward to my new venture in getting to know like minded mamas (and daddies) at MDC.
See less See more
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Greetings! Another -would have had a section if not at home- here!

Midwives and homebirth rock!

-Angela
See less See more
Hey Angela,
Did not imagine my fist reply would be in my backyard! We live about 90 mi from Houston. Great to meet you!
Okay, went to halfabee.com and I think Gunnar and Savannah have to get married. She is way too cute!
How beautiful! Welcome to MDC mama!!
Welcome to MDC!
See less See more
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.