Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I am now part of this group. I started bleeding and cramping 2 days ago after an ultrasound at 8 weeks that showed nothing but an empty sac. I would have been 9 weeks today. I've taken it a lot harder this time around, it's my third miscarriage. We had two in between our girls and this was to be our last baby. We were so excited. I'm just feeling so sad, crushed, frustrated, angry...

I'm wondering if anyone else has lost a lo at this point and what their experience was like. My first loss was at 14 weeks and it was truly labor and very very hard physically and emotionally. My second was only at 6 weeks and was soo much better. I'm just wondering what I'm in for, will it be just like a heavy period again or more like labor? My midwife thinks more the labor route but not positive because of the blighted ovum thing.

· Registered
454 Posts
So sorry to see a new person here, but please know you've come to the right place for support and hugs.

Wishing you peace and healing in the coming days.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi floiejoe2. I'm new too. I'd be 9 weeks tomorrow and I started bleeding and cramping yesterday. An ultrasound showed that I'm looking much earlier than 9 weeks (which is not possible because I was charting). This is my first loss, other than a chemical pregnancy earlier this year - which resulted in a heavier-than-normal period. I have no idea what to expect and I'm looking for some support. I guess we'll go through it together.

Take care.

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi fireweedsmom, I'm so sorry you're here too. Anything different today? I went for a walk along our creek and that helped to pick things up and now I'm having cotty bleeding.

· Registered
2,614 Posts
I am sorry for your loss.

I lost my baby at 8 weeks. We had seen baby's heartbeat but it was very low. The next u/s showed no heartbeat on a Wednesday. I started spotting almost immediately and on Friday I had about an hour of what felt like contractions for about an hour. Then for the weekend I had strong cramping and clots and bleeding. I am still bleeding but not as heavily.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jenifer76. I'm sorry for your loss, too.

I'm in the same position as you both. I tried to work this morning, but I ended up at home after an hour because of cramping and heavy bleeding with clots. I had a scan scheduled this afternoon, and they couldn't see anything resembling life or former life. It makes me wonder how long the babe was alive, or if it was a blighted ovum. I've got an appointment on Thursday with my doc. to chat about the results. The cramping is pretty steady tonight.

Take good care, mamas.

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So sorry Jenifer76. I would like to have a scan done as well just to see if there really is/was nothing in there or if there is still a lot to have to pass. My ultrasound where nothing was seen was done by my very inexperienced(with ultrasounds that is, not pregnancy or birth) midwife and with an old machine with bad resolution. And we kept seeing some kind of a flickering. So it really makes me wonder...which I hate. Does it really make a difference? Probably not, but just knowing if there was a baby or not...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.