Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I best say hi and start posting, I've been lurking for months!

My name's Laura, I'm 22. I'm not a mother, nor am I likely to be for a while, but I'm interested in natural living and I'm pretty determined that I'm going to use a lot of AP practices when I start a family. I feel like I've learned so much from here from just reading, like EC and about vaccinations - and I've been reassured that I'm not crazy for believing that it's possible to raise a happy well-adjusted kid without physical punishment or a school education.

So, umm, hi! And thanks for a brilliant website

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Hi and welcome - where in the UK are you? we're in Scotland...there are a few other MDC UK mums here (I'm actually American, but have lived in Scotland for the last 12 years).

There's a 'not yet a mom' thread in 'Finding Your Tribe', which you might like.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi, Laura!

I'm 23 and probably won't be a mom in the near future either. Like you, when I have kids, which I hope is sooner rather than later, I plan to practise Attachment Parenting. I love unschooling - I unschooled myself for a year and feel like I'm still unschooling - so my future kids will be unschooled unless they want to try school-school. I'm interested in learning more about natural living and have also found this board to be a great place to start. I was really surprised and interested to learn about EC and vaccinations on MDC too.

Welcome!
Paige

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry for not replying, had a bit of post-posting stage fright, I think

Mommiska, I'm in Worcestershire, so a bit far from Scotland. I'm Irish, but I've been living in England for most of my life. Thanks for the heads-up about the not yet a mom thread, I'll go have a look there.

Paige, that's how I'd love to "school" my kids too. Now that I'm out of formal education I've fallen into a pattern of finding things out and learning the things I want to learn in a way that actually sticks - so I guess I'm unschooling myself too. It's frustrating though, I'm only following cues I should have listened to when I was younger, but all my energy was wrapped up in jumping through the school hoops (and missing). It's nice to know that there are others who are passionate about independant learning, and thinking about AP without the chance (yet!) to practise it.

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.