Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,<br><br>
I am very nervous.....my son Adam (2) has his first bought of the stomach flu and so does his 10 month old sister. Well, my husband just came home from working the night shift and vomited twice too with the chills. I am scared that I am going to get this too and it could hurt the baby??? We took Adam and Hannah to the pediatrician yesterday and she called it a stomach bug i.e. vomiting primarily and lack of appetite. I am 31 weeks along. I have been practicing good handwashing lol my skin is about to fall off. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I got a stomach bug at 34 weeks with my first - OH THE MISERY!!!! Yes. It was bad. It put me into premature labor that my midwife stopped with some herbs and some homopathics. It also pretty severely dehydrated me - in retrospect I wish I would have gone in for some IV hydration. My friend who had it (and was pregnant) got an IV and was able to bounce back from it really quickly - it took me a couple of weeks to feel 100% again.<br><br>
So my advice is to go and get an IV if its getting bad and you can't keep fluids down.<br><br>
Hugs to you - hope you miss out on the fun!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Got it at 33 weeks (but due to my pg complications I believe it was part to blame for my 7 week preemie - all that forceful vomiting and my weak uterus\cervix). Horrible, horrible and horrible but cannot hurt baby. It just leaves you extra miserable than it normally would.<br><br>
Sheal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts