Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p class="MsoNormal">DD has always been a finicky eater. <span> </span>Lots of different ideas for the reasons that I won’t go into now.<span> </span> She is pretty much exclusively bottle-fed at this point.<span> </span> She stopped being willing to nurse about 3 weeks ago, though I still offer a couple of times a day with the hope that she may return at this point.</p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Now she will only eat when she is sleeping!<span> </span> When offered the bottle (or breast, for that matter) when she is clearly hungry, she rejects it, spits it out, etc.<span> </span> So I’ve taken to feeding her once she has fallen asleep.<span> </span> Today she took a full 6 oz. that way.</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">So I’m a little worried about this eating pattern, both for her and for me.<span> </span> It doesn’t seem workable to have her only eat when she is sleeping.<span> </span> I also wonder if there is something wrong with her.<span> </span> I’m wondering if anyone has had similar experiences, and what it might have been linked to, and what you did about it.</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Thanks!</p>

<p>DD has always been a finicky eater.  Lots of different ideas for the reasons that I won't go into now.  She is pretty much exclusively bottle-fed at this piont.  She stopped being willing to nurse about 3 weeks ago, but I still offer a few times a day with hope that she may return at some point.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
<p>Could it be something in your milk that she has an aversion to? Have you considered doing an elimination diet?</p>

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>I'm off of most things... dairy, gluten, soy, corn, so I think the diet is more or less handled.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts