Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo, I'm nearly 37 weeks and have been putting off buying fitted nappies for far too long. We used cloth with DD, but they weren't a huge success. Mum made them - pocket nappies with PUL and some kind of fleece - but the inserts were made of old terry nappies that had been through about eight children, and they perished rather rapidly. We also had a few microfiber inners which were much more absorbent; plus I have a couple of Pea Pods, bought pocket nappies with snaps.

Anyway, at the very least I need to buy some new inners for the pocket nappies. But I went to a cloth nappy workshop at the birthing centre, and the lady convinced me that fitteds are a better bet in terms of leakage and reliability. Unfortunately, she didn't tell me which brands were good to get.

And, well, basically, I appreciate the awesomeness of cloth nappies, but find them pretty boring. :p I really don't feel up to trawling through a thousand WAHM sites. So... can anyone tell me a good brand of fitteds? Preferably not too expensive, but more importantly, ones that WORK? I got sick of DD leaking pretty quickly... This baby is a boy, if that makes any difference. I prefer stuff that isn't made in China, and that can go in the dryer if necessary. Other than that, not too fussy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the Osocozy brand here in the US, they are pretty inexpensive at around $9 each. They are plain cotton though but they can be dyed pretty colors.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Well I was happy with kissaluvs fitteds. Never had leak problems (rarely have with any fitted/cover combo). I had both new and second-hand with both girls and they lasted and fit well. Probably made up the bulk of my fitteds stash.

My favorites (for fitted or AIO) are very baby and loveybums (for fitteds or covers). There are a few people out there who sew verybaby (or buy your own pattern - I've had awesome ones with hemp fleece inners or cotton velour inners and snap-in doublers - great for heavy wetting). Loveybums has some budget fitteds that they make in addition to regulars.

I favor snaps over aplix, so these are all snapping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts