Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I stared managing a Sr building. It has obvious mold issues. So, friday I went into a particularly nasty unit. My throat had been hurting in the morning.

Well, friday I was sitting at home and within about 5 minutes I went from having slight pain behind my right eye to having a full blown migraine.

I took something for it. My throat was hurtinga tad worse.

Saturday at 3am I wake with severe chills. I take my temp. It was sitting right at 100. At 1pm I took advil. I had things I needed to do.

So,now here I sit, sunday morning, a freaking terribly sore throat, I believe slightly swollen. It is kinda hard to swallow just because of the soreness. My neck is really sore, most likely from having the shakes all night from the fever.

Amazingly last night I slept great. I didn't wake up until this morning when Benjamin got ready for work.

So,do I have strep or what? I'm sitting here in tears convinced I'm going to die of mold exposure when I'm not even sure that building has "toxic" mold or anything.

Do I wait to toorrow to go to the dr? Or do I find out if someone I'm covered with is open today? DO I goto urgent care? Cause if it is strep I want to take meds now. Will they be able to tell if it is from mold? Can mold cause strep?

HELP!!! Online searching does nothing.

I never get sick. I cna't remember the last time i had more than a mild cold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Well, it certainly can be a reaction to the mold, esp if you didn't have any sore throat or other symptoms before being exposed.
If you need assurance, do see someone right away. But be aware, what the doctors tell you is not always the truth.
My best advice however, is to relax as much as you possibly can. Trust that your body will and can heal itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
have you heard anything more? how is your situation? i hope i will not make this worse, BUT...here goes....
I am up in the middle of the night b/c my throat is so terribly sore I can barely swallow as well and my baby and I are coughing something fierce.

We have recently moved into my mother's house b/c DH and I have separated. These mysterious "problems" that the kids and I have been having only started after moving. I feel like I could be making it all up in my head because my mother shows no signs of having health issues that would make someone think 'mold.'
BUT, we did just have to discard a cabinet that stored items in the basement for SEVERE mold b/c it sat under a leaky pipe for months unnoticed. now I do know the carpet in the basement has to be ripped out, but I am afraid to tear it up b/c it will stir up whatever is growing on it. And I am fairly sure that you can have mold, and toxic mold and I am hoping that the kind we have isn't toxic.
AND, my DH was in the Navy so I have been coming here for extended stays since my first was born 4 years ago while DH would be out to sea. Every time I was here I would have these "colds" and other "cold/respiratory infection" like illnesses that would linger. Now I have this mess that has me up, and my baby is coughing also so I am freaked.

Anyway, I am rambling, but I am hoping to hear some really promising news, like that the severely sore throat had NOTHING to do with mold and my "middle-of-the-night-search-for-mold-on-MDC" didn't lead me to your post b/c it was some sick twist of fate that it IS mold, KWIM?
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top