Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter caught her cousins cold this past weekend. She's congested, has a runny nose and is not very happy. Bfing has been a challenge but we're managing. Is there anything I can do for her besides aspirator and vaporizor? Dd is almost 9 mos. Any herbal anything? And what about eating, should I hold off on solids until she's better? I greatly appreciate any/all suggestions!

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Those links will be helpful but i just wanted to add some personal advice. We alsays used a good blend of essential oil (young living oils "RC"to be exact) like, eucyliptus, lavender, orange, etc. in almond oil to rub on our kids feet and body when they were sick with colds. It really is helpful, since the calming and soothing it does is great and some believe there are healing energy frequencies attained in the really good oils. Depending on where you live you could find a supplier thru many holistic type local magazines. or you could go to your local health food store and ask for the best essential oil they have. Use it in a very diluted amount like 1-2 drops per oz. of almond oil.
Laura
Laura

·
Registered
74 Posts
Those are helpful links, Gitti. And thanks, lauraess, for the essential oils tip. Does anyone have any ideas for relieving congestion for an 11 week old? It isn't the cold that's a poblem. It's that she isn't breathing well, and, consequently, not sleeping well. Which, of course, makes her a very unhappy girl.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Angelfish: sorry your little one is so congested. That is tough, I know, especially when they cant drink/suckle very well because of it. the idea about the essential oils is a good one for congestion if you can find Young living oils sold by a representative or something that is good quality. Maybe you've tried something fromt the store like a baby bath type of thing.
Another idea is that being in a steamy bathroom for twenty minutes or as long as you can stand it will help open them up. You might have to do this often. have you ruled out allergies to milk/dairy?
laura

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.