Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies. I could *really* use some advice from any and all dye gurus...

I have some wool from an unknown source and dye history. I used it to back an embroidery design on THREE (yes, three! *sob*) wool covers.
It is, of course, bleeding purple dye all over the place every time the wool gets a bit damp.

A vinegar solution soak is not touching the problem. I'm about ready to get out my bleach bottle and see if I can salvage any use out of these covers. If anyone has a fix that doesn't include cutting them up to use for applique scraps, I'll send you your pick of the two that I have in my possession still. I'm feeling desperate.

Thanks so much! I'm new here, but you ladies seem to really like your diapers so I figure you're my kinda crowd.

~Kira

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH dear. I'm glad I asked before I went for the bleach!

Okay so synthrapol... where does one purchase this stuff? I think I could be like, the person who knows the *least* about dye on the planet. lol The "bad' wool was definately prefelted and I felted the new wool that I used for the full body layers myself a few times in hot, so it should be ok to wash on hot....

Just FYI, the problem wool I got from a friend of a friend and so on... the full body layers I got from Fabriconnection and that stuff is suuuper.

~K

edited to say that I found the dharma website and synthrapol. THANKS ladies!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.