Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am wondering how this would work for me. We are getting ready to TTC in a few months and I want to chart. I've nevery known my body and after reading TCOYF I want that knowledge of whats going on inside me.

The problem is that I'm a very light sleeper. I hardly EVER get 3 consecutive hours of sleep a night, let alone right before I wake up. For example, I had to get up at 5:45 for work this morning- but I was awake at 4:00, 4:43, and 5:15. Just because I can't sleep or some noise wakes me up. I used to wear ear plugs, but now I won't here the alarm if I do that. So how do I take my temp?

I wake up all through the night, so would I chart at the time I plan to get up, or just when I wake up one of those earlier times? (but the then times would not be consistent) HELP- how can I make this work for me?
:

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Y'know, I didn't think charting would work for me at all because I am also an extremely light sleeper, I suffer with insomnia, *and* I have a toddler that wakes up 4-6+ times per night. But somehow it does seem to be working just fine! What I do is: everytime I wake up, if I know it's near morning I look at the window. If there's any light, that's when I take my temp.
That's pretty much it. I never look at the clock, I never worry about whether I slept 3 hours or not (because I don't believe I have ever slept three solid glorious hours at once in my entire life
). The only time that I try to avoid temping, is if I've been awake for quite some time. Like, if I've been up with the grumpy baby awhile & feel really *awake* for more than 15 minutes or so. In that case I'd just go back to sleep & take my temp the next time I wake up, even it was already light the 1st time.

I think you should try it, you will probably be pleasantly surprised!
Good luck!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks zjande! I'm going to get a basal thermometer on the way home today!

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I am so crappy at temping and I have a nightwaking toddler so this time around (we're gearing up to TTC) I'm charting my cervical position and fluid and I test my saliva every morning with a fertility monitor instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.