Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your children had the first dose of Varicella at age 1 (HUGE REGRETS) would you get the booster shot? Yes or no? Is there a big risk of getting shingles if you're exposed to chicken pox after having the cp vax?

This is for my cousin. She has 4 children and doesn't want to get them their booster shots but doesn't know if skipping this particular booster is a mistake.

· Registered
42 Posts
I have this problem with my 2 girls, and I totally regret the decision!! I plan on waiting to see if I can get them exposed to a natural case of chicken pox in the next few years. I don't know exactly what my plan is if they don't get them by adulthood. I guess at least then it will be their choice whether they want to take the risks with their bodies.

· Registered
633 Posts
I regret having ds vaxed at all. With what I now know about vaccines, I'd have a very difficult time allowing him to receive any more. As far as CP goes, we are just going to wait and see. I am hoping that once he starts school he will be exposed and can get it naturally.

· Registered
4,257 Posts
the 2 of my boys who have the chickenpox vaccine ( 1 dose) both got chickenpox. That was before they recommended a 2nd dose. Regular cases not mild cases.

· Registered
1,969 Posts
Our first DS had the vax. He will not be getting the booster or any other further vaxes. When our unvaxed DS2 caught CP last summer, I was hoping DS1 would catch it but he did not. I am going to try again next summer. I am hoping the vax will wear off and he can get CP for real.

I have never heard anything about having the vax making it worse to get CP as a child. Just that it will eventually wear off, and it's worse to get CP as a teen or adult. So just like it was before the vax came along, it's best to go through CP as a child.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.