Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a rainbow of CPFs and I put them on with the snappi. Well I've changed ds 3 times in 1 hour!
HELP! This is my first time using CPFs and snappis and I really want to love them!
Do they get more absorbant? I'm going on a camping trip in 2 weeks and I was hoping to use them for at least a days worth, but I only have 8 and with ds peeing through them 3 times in 1 hour I don't think they will work!
: I even used a doubler the last time and he still soaked through it! He does drink a lot in the mornings and I usually have to change him often, but not this much! HELP!

·
Registered
771 Posts
they do get more absorbent the more you wash them-how many times did you wash them to prep them? If they are unbleached, you need at least 4-5 washes to get them to be absorbent. You can use Dawn dish soap (1-2 tbsp) in the wash and add boiling water and it will speed up the process-I actually got my indian pf's prepped in 2 washes with the dawn and boiling water method.
HTH
Shan

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
cpfs are like fine wine, they get better with age. What kind of fold are you doing?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I didn't pre-wash them because they were already dyed. The website said they were ready to go! So they will get more absorbant?

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Maybe they will get mor absorbant. Are they "quilted" already.. If so they are ready to go.. If Not they should be for maximum absorbancy.. I didn't get what this "quilted" was when I got my prefolds.. Now I know.. THey look sorta rolly, hilly perhaps is a better word when you put them flat..

We really like the bikini twist for our prefolds.. More fabric in the "wet zone" that way..It takes some practise, but it really is worth the effort..

HTH

Warm Squishy Feelings...

Dyan

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been reading up on all the folds this past week from all you wonderful mommas! I've been doing the gussets and folding the front down so ds gets more up front. I just tried the twist and it took me a few seconds to do that one, but I think my dh would like these because he doesn't have to remember snap placements!

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
We add a microfiber towel from BJ's trifolded in with the CPF when we want it to last longer- it works great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts