Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 5 month old dd has been co-sleeping since day one. She sleeps in our bed at night and during naps. Now that she's become pretty mobile, I'd like her to nap in the crib and sleep there at night until dh and I go to sleep.<br><br>
Our mattress is fairly soft and I can easily put her down after about 5 minutes of rocking her. When I try to place her in her crib, her eyes pop open, her arms start flailing, and she gets this alarmed look in her eyes.<br><br>
Is there anything that I can do to either make her more used to sleeping on a flat surface or a reasonably safe way to soften hers?<br><br>
Thanks in advance,<br><br>
Melissa

·
Registered
79 Posts
You may want to look into a Snugglewool crib pad for your baby. It is a lambswool made without harming the sheep, and can be machine washed. It is safe for babies because it is shorn short. I don't know the website address, but do a google and it will come up. Or is there some way to make your bed safe while DD is in there alone? Crib rails, etc. . .<br><br>
Kimba

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You might also want to try sleeping with her crib sheet for a couple of nights so it smells more like you and your bed. Using a heating pad or hot water bottle to warm her bed might help with the startle too.<br><br>
Do you lay her down differently? I am too short to roll a baby down onto a crib mattress the way I can onto our queen bed, so my babies often woke up.<br><br>
Just some thoughts, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts