Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh we have created a monster. With our DD before we traveled for 2 months we could put her down for naps/bed time and she would go to sleep no problem. Unfortunately we were in hotel rooms where my DS was as well and to get her to sleep we had to bounce/rock her to sleep EVERY time. Now that we are back at home she refuses to be put down in a dark room and go to sleep she wants to be rocked/bounced and its getting to be a problem as sometimes it takes up to 2 hours of bouncing to get her asleep enough to transfer her. We don't want to do the CIO method as we dont feel it works for our family. However my husband is thinking of letting her cry and laying down with her. I am not sure I feel comfortable with this we did it with our son as he also had sleep problems and I don't feel as though it worked as I still have to lay with him for naps/bed time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get her to sleep without bouncing/rocking? Signed a tired mommy!

·
Registered
170 Posts
<p>At 2 1/2, we transferred from nursing to sleep (dental issues) to Daddy reading her to sleep.  Worked like a charm.  YMMV</p>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i forgot to put her age DD is only 6 months old. So I don't think daddy reading is going to work for her :-( thanks though!

·
Registered
170 Posts
<p>Hah -- at that age, my daughter was still nursing to sleep.  And we co-slept, though she slept through the night at 4 weeks.  Don't knock reading to sleep, though -- I know people who started as infants it works well for them.  OTOH, I worry that my daughter will find books inherently sleep-inducing now :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also know people who wear their babies to sleep.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts