Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do about mystery Dr?<br><br>
My super Hubby has a hero thing going on so naturally he is in the military. Only it is nothing like he thought it would be and now is wondering what other jobs there are for such a one as him. LOL He wants to fix things, not kill people over oil! Alas, back to the topic.<br><br>
Being a military family we have a military hospital and I have to take my 4 month old to it for the first time since he has been born. We need to make sure his mouth is ok as his latch is really not ok. Plus get him measured and such and at least I can say he has seen a Dr and such.<br><br>
So we do not vax at all and with this hospital you get what ever Dr they give you and can chance from appointment to appointment who you are stuck with. Not knowing what Dr he will see has me worried. What if they are really pro-vax? I have no time to argue my side and I know I will tell them that is it not up for debate just as I did with the birth Dr and staff there where I had him. Funny the delivering Dr asked after I baby if I thought the whole medical community could be wrong. Having just had a 20 minute natural birth I never expected I was too dazed to say anything but hubby looks over and tells him "It's a possibility" and the guy did not say another word after that. LOL!<br><br>
So is there anything (A study maybe) I can bring to show why I will not vax to get them off my back if needed?<br><br>
Blessings,<br>
Kontessa

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
They would refute every study you show them with studies bought and payed for by the world-baking-petrol-weapons-pharma industry.<br><br>
Your best bet it to claim a religious exemption and keep it with you at all time.

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Kontessa</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">So is there anything (A study maybe) I can bring to show why I will not vax to get them off my back if needed?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I agree, it's not worth it. Tell the nurse or doc to put a huge X mark across the immunization record in your child's file and write the words "RELIGIOUSLY OPPOSED TO IMMUNIZATION."<br><br>
End of story.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Have to agree with pps. DO NOT argue. DO NOT defend. Simply say- religiously opposed, not up for discussion.<br><br>
-Angela

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Gitti</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">They would refute every study you show them with studies bought and payed for by the world-baking-petrol-weapons-pharma industry.<br><br>
Your best bet it to claim a religious exemption and keep it with you at all time.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I thought one only needed State exemptions if the child was going to school or day care? We got a philisophical for our 6 year old to get her into some military dance classes and such. Had not thought we would need one for DS yet.<br><br>
I do not like the religious ones because they can be legally gotten around by the government if there is an out break of something. The other ones can not. Plus, I do not want someone thinking we are not vaxing out of some blind following what a book or pope says thing. It is because we have looked at the situation and feel it is more harmful to vax.<br><br>
In the end though, the important thing is to protect the kids, who cares what others might think as long as they do not poison my children.<br><br>
Blessings,<br>
Kontessa

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Yes, exemptions are for school entry.<br><br>
Your child <span style="text-decoration:underline;">will</span> indeed be excluded from school if there is an outbreak with <b>any</b> type of exemption. Just to make you aware, in TX, the philosophical and religious exemptions are one in the same. Even if they weren't, the exclusion provisions would apply to all exemptions.<br><br>
Your doctor has absolutely nothing to do with your future school exemption and of course you don't need to submit anything to the doctor.<br><br>
If you want to pretty much guarantee hassle-free visits and not have "The Talk" or repeated "talks," then you should consider informing your doc you religiously oppose vaccination and to mark your file accordingly.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
A religious exemption is the most airtight. No, you don't need a piece of paper right now. And in TX you don't HAVE to use a religious objection, but it's your best bet to avoid the nasties with the dr.<br><br>
-Angela

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
If his mouth appears normal to you and the only issue you are having is proper latching, I'd call La Leche League and see if they have a recommendation for you to meet with a leader or a recommendation to a lactation consultant. My guess is that most peds wouldn't know how to properly help you with a latch problem. This would avoid the vax issue all together.<br><br>
Also, do you have a pet? Do you go to a non military veterinarian? You may be able to pop in the office and ask to weigh your baby on their scale. You'd be suprised how happy they might be to see a cute little baby!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts