Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somethign has gone wrong some where. very wrong.

DH has been off sick for almsot 8 weeks now, chest infection after chest infection add in flu, stomach virus, and a question about his breathing ability between chest infections(infectrion gone, lungs still not working correctly) they thought it was asthma, not so sure not but he can hardly walk the 10 mins ther and back to do the school run with out having a half hour rest when he get home, he cant talk on the phone for more than 5 mins with out running short of breath, his job is in a call center.

so anyway, has has sent sick notes to work to cover him and to get sick pay, well 1 went missing and he got a letter telling him he had go for disilpliniary(sp) meeting, the sick notew was sent back to the Drs so he re-sent it and the up to date one to head office as he doesnt have adn cant find the address for his location, he called work about it and the local office stll hasent gotten the notes, and DH has lost the postal recipt so i cant even see if they got them, HR might have em, if the do its wont make a blind bit of differance.

DH will get no wages this month. nothing. not even SSP. we are so screwed. the girls need xmas pressies, we need to pay the power, the rent (we can and will apply for help with that but still need to pay untill its awarded) the council tax, school dinners, food, and other weekly payments.

no matter which way i swing it there just isnt enought money to cover it all, the power has to be paid but if i pay that the girls dont get any pressies, or i may have split the boys pressents a bit and give some to DD1, DD2 has no hope!!

i feel guilty as DH has spent £30 on me its being shipped as i speak so i cant cancel it(its spinning fiber, i suppose once i get it i could sell it on, or spin it and sell the yarn, or use it to make winter wooles for the kids) he bought it before we found out he was not getting any wages.

i will figure something out i jsut need money saving ideas.
i dont need to buy diapers as i will get my CD stash/soakers sorted this weekend, but DS2 reacts badly to CD's so i amy have to try getting him to use the toilet,
i am going to make laundry soap later on, i have the stuff i need.
what can i use to make washible TP? old t-shirts OK?

what have i not thought of?

thanks in advance for letting me vent a bit, i have no one else to talk to.

Kiz

ETA: i called ghe power company and they have agreed to defer payment till janurary so that helps loads

Kiz

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi Kiz
I'm in the UK too so might be able to make some suggestions. Re: your council tax. Please ring the council and explain you can't pay this month and ask them to defer it. Re: your rent and other stuff, get straight on to the benefits people. I know there is often a delay in getting the money but if you explain your situation then they may be able to give you a small loan from the social fund or similar to cover the gap.

I would totally pay your elec before you buy Xmas presents, unless you can get that deferred too. Oh now I see that you can. That's great!

It sounds like your DH is really poorly - I hope the GP can get him sorted a.s.a.p.

Washable TP - yeah I think cut up t shirts or whatever would be fine.

How's your cupboards looking for food etc? If you need to stock up on the basics, I'd do Aldi/Lidl. Do you have a Home Bargains near you? You can sometimes get some good cheap food there too.

What else do you need to get you through? Let us know and I'm sure we all have some ideas

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, thanks for the ideas,
food is ok till saturday, will go shopping then and get some stuff, we usual;y shop at aldi as its jsut over the road, homebargine is really good to and a new cheap place opend too near us called B&M so swill go there too.

we caleld council and asked for a HB CT benefit form so will get that filled in ASAP. im not sure benifits agaency will help but i suppose it doesnt hurt to call them. i wouldnt know where to start though.

DH has called Drs to get copies of the sicknotes as it appears they have vanished completely.

got to go get DD1 from school now

Kiz

·
Registered
548 Posts
Do you think your hubby's work are being deliberately difficult about the sickness? Sounds a bit suspicious to me.

The benefits agency are sometimes helpful sometimes not but it's free at least to talk to someone and see what you can try to claim. Have you done an online check to make sure you're getting all the family tax credit you're entitled to? I think you can do it here:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...fits/index.htm

I hope your family muddle through this okay. I don't think this Xmas will be easy for a lot of people, us included. I am lucky though as instead of buying for my 3 kids this Xmas my aunt has sent me a £50 Tesco voucher to get our Xmas food. Bless her.

I'll check back if I think of anything else....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
benefits agency said nothing they can do, we have HB form coming, council said they are happy as long as i keep paying £70 a week so thats OK. power co is sorted so its just food to buy and see if i can sort out a few little things for DD's 1 and 2. i think we may jsut be able to squeek through.

i understand otehrs are having sucky times, i tell my self it could be much worse and i am thankfull i havea roof and most of us are healthy.

thansk for the help

Kiz

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I don't have any suggestions for your financial situation. I just want to give you a
and also urge you to have your husband check for blood clots in his lungs. My father had similar symptoms just before he died of a pulmonary embolism...it's the last thing that doctors think of, because the symptoms often look like asthma or a chest cold. Please get it checked!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will tell him to ask about that. he has had a chest xray would it show on there? it came back clear. he has had blood tests too, came back fine but i will tell him to ask about getting that checked,

thanks for the hugs too

Kiz

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onemagicmummy View Post
benefits agency said nothing they can do, we have HB form coming, council said they are happy as long as i keep paying £70 a week so thats OK. power co is sorted so its just food to buy and see if i can sort out a few little things for DD's 1 and 2. i think we may jsut be able to squeek through.

i understand otehrs are having sucky times, i tell my self it could be much worse and i am thankfull i havea roof and most of us are healthy.

thansk for the help

Kiz
Go to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau. There should be someone there who knows all about benefits and can advise if there is anything you are not claiming. They may be able to advise about how to get the SSP sorted out as well.

Here's the link: http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.