Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS (3 yrs old, 28 lbs) has been vomitting since about 6:30 tonight. He vomits, what I think is a lot, about once every 20-30 mins.<br><br>
At first I thought he had too much soda. We don't drink soda and he spent the day with my dad and he had a 20 oz orange soda. He first threw up just a tiny bit - thus I thought the pop upset his belly. Well he's been throwing up a lot more.<br><br>
I gave him some room temp peppermint tea. He probably had 4 oz or so over the last two hours. But he is throwing up much more than that.<br><br>
What else can I do? I can't run out to the store b/c I don't have a car. I was going to make him toast but I guess my toaster is broke, it won't go down. I also can't see in my kitchen b/c the light bulb burned out and my fridge doesn't have a light.<br><br>
Argh, this is frustrating. With him being so small I'm afraid he is going to dehydrate quickly. I dehydrate VERY quickly.<br><br>
He has been resting/sleeping b/w episodes.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm not sure where you live but here there's been a crazy stomach flu going around. Violent vomiting, diarrhea, the works. It took my friend's ds 3 days to eat anything solid. Unfortunately, there's not much she could do because he couldn't hold anything down. She just tried to keep him as hydrated as possible. I have another friend who took her dd to the hospital and they could do nothing. Get as much fluid as possible in him and when he's able, make a broth with potatos and carrots (unpeeled) and other high mineral veggies to replenish his system. Sorry that's not much help right now but my friends seemed helpless to the fact that their children couldn't hold anything down. The good news is that it won't last forever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts