Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always loved my fb with two inserts at night (hemp and microfiber). But, lately ds has been waking up wet. I need suggestions. What do you use at night that is readily available? I am ready to shop!

·
Registered
602 Posts
i'm not sure if you just want suggestions for fb or not? we don't use them and i never have so i have no help there. what we do at night and it works great. never a leak from the first day is an oc fitted with a hemp doubler and a fleece liner with an aristocrat soaker over it or a crocheted soaker or 2 prefolds with one folded as a doubler with a fleece liner and then the soaker. more work than a fb i'm guessing.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarAndSun
Thanks. Specifically which dipes do you use. I want to buy some. I'm looking to switch from fb, at least at night. Thanks
oh sorry. for fitteds: i have ecobaby grow with me snap ones. i bought them when on sale for $10 each from ecobaby.com but i haven't seen that sale in a while. i wanted diapers that i could use from when we started cding (5 months) until done with diapers and these are great. come with a snap in doubler that never moves and the cotton is so soft. my favorite for fitteds (of course i don't have many types of fitteds so...)

http://www.ecobaby.com/catalog/product.asp?pf_id=pcgwm

the prefolds are regular ones (4x6x4) from diaperjunction.com. i fold one in the standard lengthwise newspaper fold and lay the other one for the doubler ontop. the prefold used as a doubler i fold the other way. taking what i would normally think of as the front of the diaper and folding it so the 6 area is all in the middle (does that make sense--opposite of the lenghtwise newspaper fold). the hemp doublers are joey bunz or other wahm hemp ones, bought used from all over. and the fleece liners are ones i cut from some fleece from walmart. not pretty but work great at keeping him dry feeling.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
We use a NL with heavy wetter insert and an extra Joey bunz folded in 4ths in the wet zone. I know NLs aren't readily available, but maybe an equal number of hemp layers? I think we end up with... 19+ layers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts