Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have nursed 3 kids to around 3.5 yr old, each and then gently weaned them.

I want to nurse this last one that long also....... but it is irritating me. She is tonging and playing...... it is making my skin crawl.... (and she laughs at me)!!

I have been bribing her with organic chocalte sundrops all day instead of nursing
: I know........
bad Mommy.

Please help..... she is only 2.5 yo..... I have like a whole year or more to go.......

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hang in there! I'm a first time mom and I'm inspired by you. I think its WONDERFUL that you've breastfed your first three children until 3.5 year old.
:

I'm a novice breastfeeder, but all I can say is hang in there. Your baby will thank you later.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
please hang in there!

i think it's all part of nursing...to feel yucky at times. nothing is perfect anyways. and that tonging thing can drive me up a wall!!

whenever i get that crawly feeling, i stop and run and get a large glass of water. i swear it helps! of course, the youngest doesn't understand wait yet, but i can carry and nurse her. the boys are old enough to understand and they'll often get the water for me. i love water and drink an adequete supply, it's still easy to get behind and i can dehydrate in an hour (or so it seems). and this time of year.....

and sometimes when they get too playful, i tickle them back. that helps a lot, and it makes me feel better.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I only nursed two, but I was "maxed out" much earlier with the second than I was the first. I started to cut back nursing faster. When he was 2, I felt like I was "done" nursing, but I knew he wasn't even close. I started to drop the nursing in public and that helped for awhile. A few months later, I dropped nursing during the day and then I just gradually kept dropping it as much as I could.

By the time he turned 3, I found the whole year had been quite a bit more tolerable than I thought when he was 2 and he was really only nursing for about 10 minutes at bedtime. Gradually we dropped that too (he was still a little reluctant) but a few months later, we were completely done.

I found that the gradual steps helped me feel like we were getting closer to being done & helped me take the mental focus on the "end" result. The time actually went by quite quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts