Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my dog (7mo Golden), but I am sick and tired of having tons of hair everywhere.

We have a Dyson, and I vacuum every day (ok, most of the time, on occasion we go 2 days- max)

She gets hair everywhere and it's getting old.

We brush her daily (again, most of the time, there are days that we can't for whatever reason) and she eats Nutro Lamb & Rice LG Breed Puppy.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What kind of brush are you using? I recommend getting an undercoat rake from your local pet store; they are the best for getting all that fluffy undercoat out before it falls out. But, brush him outside since it doesnt collect in the brush the way it would in a slicker brush.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that's the round looking one (looks like a funky oval, and there's not actual 'bristles') we have one- and she HATES it.

She is scared of her own shadow though, so maybe she just needs to get used to it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I just searched "undercoat rake", here is one example:
http://www.shoptony.com/petco/finish...ch-676551.html

If the one you are talking about is a blade-tyoe, looks like a saw blade, thats designed to remove the top guard hairs, which is what you dont want with a dog that has an undercoat. THese are really only good for short coated dogs, like dobermans. And horses, I think. Before I got a rake myself, I wouldnt have believed the difference it can make. We recently went on a long car trip with our long haired german shepherd, and DH spent about an hour brushing her out before hand. We got a HUMONGOUS pile of fluff off her that otherwise would have been all over my MILs car and us. She was glossier, seemed to feel lighter and looked a bit thinner afterwards, with all that fur gone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts