Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby is due in January and I need help finding some type of large pad that I can put under the baby in our bed. I remember all too well having to change our sheet at 3am when ds spit up or pooped on them. We tried a number of things with him but nothing really worked. I need something thick and large.

I know I have seen solutions before on MDC but I can't seem to find any tonight. I don't sew so I need to buy something.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
43,104 Posts
We started out with the crib sized waterproof pad from Carters. I found them at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross or Big Lots. I used those until I wasn't majorly leaky anymore
Then we went to the bassinet sized ones. I found those to be a good size. I can slide the whole thing over with the baby on it when I turn over. We've stopped using those now and just use a big receiving blanket folded in half with a prefold for a "pillow" in case of spit. I like having her on the blanket still as it is easy to slide her back and forth without waking her.

hope that helps!

-Angela

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattemma04
You could also try the cloth type pads that are sold for geriatric clients.They are large squares/rectangles,and some have extended material you can tuck into the sides of the bed.

That is pricisely what we use on our bed. I work in an assisted living home and saw first hand how well they worked. Bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond. I think it was 14.95 but used a coupon and got it for under 10 bucks!
Works well and washes up great. Has never leaked. Can slide it with baby if switching sides. Im going to visit my Mom for Holiday and will be packing it in my suitcase!
HTH

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Does anyone have a link to this type of thing that can be tucked into the sides of the mattress?

I have used all the other suggestions, but no matter how large the pad, it always seemed we were anywhere but on the pad when dd spit up/her diaper leaked/my breasts leaked everywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.